While effort required varies according to size and complexity as well as pre-existing infrastructure, operations, and skills base, Sheltered Harbor is not especially difficult to implement. Smaller institutions have declared their first Sheltered Harbor milestone in as little as three months, while it takes longer for large, complex institutions.
The key factors are prioritization by top leadership and building a cross-functional team to manage the process. Your team should include operations, technology, information security, risk management, audit and compliance, and other relevant departments.
We’ve developed many resources to help you get Sheltered Harbor Certified as quickly as possible, which you can access as soon as you join:
- Guides for every step of the process
- Forums for support and collaboration
- Training through webinars and live events
- Reference Architectures to see how others have implemented
- Technology Solutions such as encryption software (additional fees may apply)
- Alliance Partners to help build the right plan for your institution